What is ZINCALUME® made of?
Made from a combination of aluminium, zinc, and silicon, ZINCALUME® steel is a durable metal. With a lifetime of almost four times that of galvanised steel, ZINCALUME® steel has been designed as a product that is built to last. Not only does this ensure lifetime savings for the property owner it also allows for fewer environmental concerns associated with replacing building materials.
Advantages and Disadvantages of ZINCALUME®
ZINCALUME® steel is made with new technology and has an activated aluminium coating. This makes it much tougher and more resistant to any scratches during installation. It is an environmentally friendly product and is recyclable.
Is ZINCALUME® cheaper than COLORBOND®?
ZINCALUME® is cheaper than other steel products including COLORBOND®, meaning it can fit into the most modest budgets. If you are looking to build a relatively cheap shed, ZINCALUME® provides a good balance between cost and durability.
The one major disadvantage of this material is that it has a shiny aluminium colour which tends to dull over time. Many property owners feel that it does not complement the look of their shed and that it has a negative impact on the aesthetics of their property.
- Budget-friendly option: ZINCALUME® is cheaper than COLORBOND®
- Provides a unique industrial finish which can be a design feature
- Sustainable option
- Features a tough protective coating that is resistant to scratches and scuffs encountered during construction
- Less energy-efficient due to its shiny finish
- No colour choices: only available in a plain aluminium colour
- Dulls over time giving an aged appearance that can be less attractive
|KG Per Sheet
|2400 x 1200 x 0.55